Top Ten Tuesday

13:26:00 0 Comments A+ a-



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish held every Tuesday. Each week revolves round a different theme and people from the book blogsphere pitch in with their lists. 

This week instead of focusing on books the theme is our top ten TV shows and movies. Whilst I do do a lot of vegging out in front of the TV, I don't really concentrate on watching a whole load of TV shows. The TV is normally there as background noise whilst I'm catching up on YouTube videos or browsing social media. That being said I'm going to split the list in half and list five TV shows and five movies that I consider to be my favourites.




TV shows


Chicago Fire quickly became a favourite when me and my boyfriend randomly decided to start watching it. It is about a group of firemen and paramedics and it follows their lives as they fight fires and deal with personal drama. All of the characters are brilliant, Cheif Boden is a favourite of both mine and my boyfriends. The last series ended on a massive cliffhanger so I cant wait for it to come back. Oh and it also has Tyler Kinney and Jesse Spencer in it as well, what more could a girl ask for?


Chicago PD is a spin off series from Chicago Fire and is its grittier counterpart. The show follows Voight and his intelligence team as they deal with criminals in Chicago in their own special way. Voight first made an appearance in Chicago Fire and he was a pretty hated character. His attitude hasn't changed one iota in PD but you find yourself liking him. If your a fan of any type of crime show then Chicago PD is definitely for you.


One Tree Hill was the TV show that saw me through my teenage years. It started when I was 11 and ended just before I turned 21. I think this will remain as my favourite ever TV show for a long time. Apart from the last couple of seasons the show followed a group of teenagers from school to burgeoning adult life and showcased all the drama that comes along with it. I would say the first 7 seasons were my favourite. Lucas Scott who was played by Chad Michael Murray basically embodied the guy teenage me thought was perfect. I still go back and watch my box sets now, it never gets old. 


NCIS became one of my favourite shows quite by accident. It's one of those shows that is always on multiple channels at any one time and therefore it became a habit for me to stick it on if I couldn't find anything else. I think I've now seen a large majority of all the episodes and I even have the box set of the first 8 seasons. I don't know what it is about NCIS that makes it so addictive. The characters are amazing, I don't have a favourite I just love them all equally. I think it mixes the drama and the humour perfectly and it's a great TV show to just put on and relax with. 


The Vampire Diaries is one of those shows that drives me insane but I can't help but love adoringly at the same time. The past two seasons have been the most infuriating thing to watch at times but I can't help myself in waiting with baited breath for each episode. I am team Stefan and think that Paul Wesley is such a great actor, I will always be rooting for him to get his happy ending (just not with Elena please!!) There are rumours that the next season is the last so I'm excited to see how everything is going to end. 

Movies


I was first introduced to Stand By Me by my teacher Mr Bray. We watched it in a media lesson and he thought it was going to go down like a lead balloon because the class was mainly made up of girls. How wrong he was. We all absolutely adored it and whenever it's on TV there are always status' on Facebook from people who were in that media class talking about it. I don't know why I love this film so much, I just do. It follows four boys as they go on an adventure to find a dead body. The film is basically about their friendship and it's just a lovely, heartwarming and funny film.


There was a time in my teens where I would watch Titanic all the time. I used to adore this film. I still love it and always watch it when it's on TV. I think the reason I love it is because of a mixture of my fascination with the history of the Titanic and my appreciation for Leonardo DiCaprio's face in the movie; the perfect combination really. Even though I must have watched this film over 100 times I still cry every time I watch it. 


Oh look Chad Michael Murray again! A Cinderella Story came out when I was 12 years old and it was inevitable that I was going to absolutely love it!! The romance, the humour and of course CMM playing the male lead, how is any 12 year old not going to love it? I still watch this film every now and again and it still gives me the same feeling it did when I was 12. It is a feel good film that provides an escape and allows a girl to day dream about meeting her Prince Charming. 


Finding Neverland is a movie about the creation of the Peter Pan story by J.M Barrie. It is a magical, heart wrenching film that depicts how Barrie was inspired by the Llewelyn Davies family, in particular the middle son Peter. I challenge anyone to watch this film and not become emotionally attached to the family and Barrie (played by Johnny Depp) and also shed a little tear at the end. The way the film was directed and produced really captures the feeling of the era and also the atmosphere the Peter Pan story creates. 


My list just wouldn't be complete without a Disney film! I have many favourites but Sleeping Beauty tops the lot. I love this film because of the three fairies and the time Aurora spends as Briar Rose in the forest. Even though it only takes up a small portion of the film those are always the scenes that stick out in my mind. When I was a child I used to play pretend that I was Briar Rose living in the forest with my three fairy godmothers. I think that's why I still love Disney films so much, they capture the imagination. 


And there we have it, my top five TV shows and my top five movies. Let me know what your favourite TV shows and movies are in the comments!!